New Phase 1 Reopening Guidelines
We are so excited to finally be meeting as a group! Though some things will be different than you are used to, we are just thankful that we get to worship together. The guidelines provided will be in place for the duration of Phase 1, providing there are no major legal changes we need to consider. We want to remind everyone that these guidelines were determined by many filters, all of which I mentioned in my message on Sunday, May 24th, titled, “Making Tough Decisions in a Crisis.” Because attitudes regarding this “crisis” vary widely even in our own congregation, it is quite clear that not everyone will be pleased with them. Of course one of the filters we used to make these decisions was the current data of Lane County. Out of a population of 382,000, there are currently no hospitalizations due to the coronavirus anywhere in Lane County. Additionally, there are only 3 people in the entire county currently recuperating from home. That is less than 1 per 100,000 known to be affected by the virus at this time. With that said, here are the guidelines we are recommending:
- Sunday services will be at 9am and 11am as usual.
- We are asking families to sit together as there will be no children's services on Sundays during Phase 1.
- For the sake of others, please endeavor to maintain social distancing throughout the facility including in the sanctuary, the family room, the fireside room, and the balcony.
- While you might be comfortable hugging, others are clearly not there yet. Please be extremely sensitive to other’s comfort level.
- Because the current data indicates that the risk is extremely low, masks will be optional for now.
- If you are in a “high-risk” group, you may consider joining us via live-stream at 9am or 11am.
- If you are sick or showing any kind of symptoms, we ask that you join us via live-stream for now at 9am or 11am.
- We ask that you only attend one service at this time so that we can minister to as many people as possible with our limited seating.
- Seating in the Sanctuary, the Fireside Room, and the Family Room (fellowship hall), will be limited to 25. There will be overflow seating in the balcony so long as social distancing guidelines can be observed.
- Restrooms will be available.
- There will be no refreshments table or Coffee Corner during Phase 1.
- We will be frequently wiping and sanitizing surfaces throughout the facility.
- Offering boxes will be placed strategically throughout the building so we will not have to pass an offering plate.
Again, we are aware that for some, these guidelines go too far. For others, they don’t go far enough. So we encourage you to extend a little grace to the leadership team and to the people around you. If you are not comfortable with these guidelines, we understand. Really. We do hope you will join us from home via live-stream at 9am or 11am on Sunday morning.
Pastor Rulon and Church Council